My Inspiration





I took inspiration from many shows that showed a presumed dead character and then bringing them back into the show by showing them as alive. I enjoy the suspense and thrill that this creates and how it allows for many previous back stories to be revealed. I was inspired by the show You, where the main character Joe hits his ex-lover in the head and he presumes she is dead in season one. He then buries her alive. However, in season two, the ex pops up into his life unexpectedly. He is shocked to see her alive. From You, I would like to imitate how Joe moves and starts a completely new life with a new identity whenever he kills someone. Another inspiration I have is the show Pretty Little Liars. This show consists of 5 friends, where one is presumed dead. However, she turns up unexpectedly and it is discovered she was buried alive. She returns back to her hometown and to her old friends, which comes as a shock to them. From Pretty Little Liars, I would like to imitate where Allison asks, "Did you miss me?" when she reveals herself to be alive to her friends.Another inspiration I had is the ending of the third season of Stranger Things where a character named Hopper is presumed to be dead. The other characters react as if they believe he is dead. However, in the trailer for season four, it is revealed that he is actually alive. I enjoy the thrill of finding out a character is actually still alive. As can be commonly seen in these medias, I enjoy revealing the backstory later on in a movie or show. I like for something abrupt to occur, such as a character coming back to life, and then slowly the movie unravels to reveal the details about what happened to the character.

Here is a clip from Pretty Little Liars when the presumed dead character returns back to her friends...

Here is a clip from You where Joe moves to Los Angeles to start a new life as a new person...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative critical reflection