Writing my Screenplay

Link to my screenplay :)

Challenges I faced in writing my screenplay 

I struggled with getting into the head of my main character, Bella. Bella is ruthless and does not have remorse. I needed to envision myself as the main character to understand how she does not feel empathy. I also am not familiar with the format of writing a screenplay, so I struggled with writing the information correctly with the right terminology.

Challenges with committing my film idea to paper

I struggled with conveying the emotion of the characters in words on paper. Often times, in films, actor's facial expressions and body language give large hints as to how the character is feeling. Without the actor directly in front of me in character, it is difficult to envision how the characters are supposed to act and feel.

Things that went easier than I thought

Writing out the location of where scenes occur was easier than I originally believed it would be. When I was writing out scenes, the location perfectly formed in my head and local places near me all fit the picture I envisioned. I also did not think creating a flow of consecutive scenes would be easy, but I did not have trouble creating a logical flow of each scene. Another obstacle I thought I would face was creating enough scenes for a two minute long video. However, scene ideas kept popping up in my mind.

Plans for shooting my screenplay

I will use a local park with a forest trail to film the first scene where my main character Bella buries a body. I will use my house and neighborhood to film Bella in her first home. Then, I will film the parts of Bella's home in Britain at the house of the actress who plays Bella. My actors are three of my fellow female classmates. I will not be using any special effects, but I will use sound effects, such as thundering noises. Through editing and transitions, I will create an appealing film opening that flows smoothly. I will purchase a wig to use to indicate Bella's new identity. Bella will wear all-black while burying the body. Afterwards, her clothes will be classy and professional, most business casual. While relaxing alone on the couch, Bella will be wearing casual, comfy clothes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative critical reflection

My Inspiration