Filming debacles

The filming process has been a lot tougher than I initially envisioned. My partner and I had to completely remove the three friends we were planning to use as actors from the film because they have such busy schedules. Nobody's schedules were able to line up. We ended up finding a new person willing to film whenever, but now my partner and I must act in the film. So, my partner and I will take turns filming and acting. There are certain scenes where she will act and I will film and vice versa. This has certainly been a setback because we had already started filming so we had to go back to square one again to film with new actors who had more flexible schedules. Here is a clip from a scene we filmed with our old actors:


Another challenge we faced is finding the perfect music for our film. At times, we have the perfect sound in our head. However, we have difficulty finding copyright music that we like. We ended up just listening to a bunch of sounds on copyright music sites and picked from there.

I am happy with how our location is for the house scenes. We were really able to create the vibe that we were going for with the house. However, the only issue we faced as far as sets go is the dinner scene. We cannot film at a fancy restaurant as our script requires because it would be too disruptive for us to act as waiters and pretend to put pills in the water served. So, we decided to film on the lake in my backyard to signify a fancy "water view" dinner. We have that scene coming up to film and fingers crossed that it goes as planned!!


While filming, we have also been able to gather a plethora of behind-the-scenes footage like bloopers. We plan to use that as advertising content. We even filmed interviews for our social media. Here is a snippet of an interview of me as a producer:



Overall, I feel that we have been able to work through our issues and are on our way towards developing a great film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative critical reflection

My Inspiration