My partner and I initially decided that we wanted to do a coming-of-age story. However, we then decided we wanted to do a thriller film. We wanted to add elements of suspense and horror to our film to help make the plot more interesting. We gained inspiration from the film "Obsessed." Obsessed had a stalker come between a happy couple, which is part of our movie. The movie poster highlights big names in the film industry to entice viewers to watch. The colors are dark and ominous to show that the film has suspense to come. Another film we gained inspiration from is "Secret Obsession." In this film, one of the characters has memory loss. Another character takes advantage of this to convince her that the two are a couple. The girl slowly regains her memories and runs away from her obsessed stalker. In the movie poster, the girl with memory loss looks distressed while the stalker looks angry. The faces of the characters reflect their roles in the movie. We also see the...
I learned about many different media theories recently! When I learned about active-audience theory, I realized audiences consume media differently based on their own life experiences. I have now become conscious of the fact that I am interpreting media in a way that may be different from the way my friend interprets the same media. I also learned about representation theory. I now understand that the representation I see on screen is just a reflection of the views and bias of the producers. Everyone has their own idea of a group so there is no one true representation. I learned not to draw conclusions or base my feelings of a group based on the bias representation I see in the media. Through the agenda setting theory, I learned that the content I see is what the media wants me to see. Media companies post what they feel is the most important. When I see news that is publicized, I just assume it is important information because the news is supposed to showcase relevant information. How...
Here are updates on the progress of the elements of my film! Mise-en-scene- We have three major filming locations: a college, a restaurant, and Brody's home. For the college, we will be using our high school. For the restaurant, we will visit a local restaurant and film in the outdoor seating section. As for the home, we will use parts of my home and parts of my partner Ainsley's home to film. We will film so that the rooms in our houses look like one big house because certain elements of each of our houses fit how we envision Brody's house. Cinematography- We chose to have the scenes in Brody's house with dark lighting with dull lenses to create eeriness and depression. The beginning scenes with Dexter and Brooke are supposed to be magical to show the two in love, so we will use a lot of light and bright lenses. Editing- For editing, we have planned transition shots, tracking shots, close-up shots, medium shots, and wide shots. My favorite transition shot is when our m...
Comments
Post a Comment